Saturday, May 06, 2006

Draft Website Sample 02


From the discussions and exchanges, I re-drafted the homepage to reflect the suggestions contributed by the members. Please note that this is a draft page and hence your comments/suggestions/critique is appreciated.

* Project Showcase
- This section will keep changing and the process will be manual. The idea is to showcase all Upakriti _projects_. Blurbs for each project can be pre-written, which is then updated on the website at regular intervals.

* What's New at Upakriti
- Currently, I am pulling in an RSS feed from a feed I maintain. This can be an active Upakriti blog wherein we can pull feeds from and will be updated every time a new post is made on the blog.

* Projects
- This section provides a set of links to projects. This list can grow and perhaps the idea can be that projects that need the most support can be on this list...

* Have a suggestion?
- _Users_ send email suggestions, comments, etc., via a form-mail option.

* Donate
- Self explanatory

2 Comments:

Blogger saimad said...

Very nice... I love the RSS feed from the blog. Its very useful feature and it will improve the content quality significantly

I will get this run by a few more folks and ask them to post their feedback here.

11:36 AM  
Blogger M said...

I can begin work on moving the site into a Dreamweaver framework. I will be happy to help with the intial _training_ for using Dreamweaver. Rest assured that I will help to maintain the site in the process.

Please note that I will be on vacation beginning May 23 until June 4. Perhaps, we can have a target date of June 16 as the new website launch. In the meantime, I would prefer that the information [text] and architecture be finalized and approved. We should sign off on these aspects before the development takes place.

With regard to the RSS feed, we can bring that in from a blog or I can build an .xml file. The former is automated and the latter will require more manual interventions.

Please let me know if this is a good time-frame.

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home